Subject: RE: [Leica] Use film, or block the panel
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 14:38:14 -0400

It's not so much that there is anything mystical.  I find
that my view, if not my photos,  differs depending on the
type of viewing  - SLR, rangefinder, waist-level finder
(Hasselblad, Mamiya RZ), large format ground glass,
digital LCD.  Truth is, no matter what the viewing
mechanism, the final image is never the same as what
I see in the camera.  My brain has to do a bit of
translation, sort of pre-visualization, so to speak.
After a while, this translation becomes more automatic.

- - Phong