Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Digilux 1 questions
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:33:57 -0700

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 08:27  PM, ((SonC)) Sonny Carter wrote:

> 8x11 are great, I have done some 11x17 that are really nice.

Hmm. I find 8 X 10 prints from my Digilux to be quite...
unsatisfactory. I have tried various laserjet prints on glossy and
matte papers, and even Kodak photo prints. Not even close to what I
have come to expect from even 30 year old Olympus gear. I do get nice 5
X 7 prints though, and grandma loves the instant pics of the kiddies :-)

Digilux is a great little camera, but I still prefer my M7 (despite
having to pay for film, focus, and wait days for the pictures to come
back). It seems that whenever I carry the Digi instead of a film
camera, some fantastic landscape shot appears before me and I cry
because the details are all lost to the little 4MP image.

Cheers!
- - marc

p.s.  I find the SF-20 works best on Auto mode, setting it to f5.6,
then putting the Digilux into 'A' mode at f 5.6.