Subject: Re: [Leica] The new digital reality -
From: tripspud <tripspud@transbay.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:41:10 -0700

Hi BD,

       The other important issue with digital is storage for the near and
distant future.  Film has a good track record, there's the negative.
Digital is on CDs mostly today.  What about tomorrow?  And if
it's transferred to the new medium, that's usually time consuming.

       Also, magazines and newspapers may not keep ALL the digital
images after the initial use.  I recall seeing a TV documentary about
this.  It concerned the former president and that Monica woman.
One photographer, the guy being interviewed on the show, had a
film image of the two of them meeting at some event.  Other
photographers had been on the scene, but they could not retrieve
the image because it had not been saved.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspdud@transbay.net