Subject: [Leica] Re: Slightly OT: C-41 b&w films
From: "firkin" <firkin@balhpl01.ncable.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:22:32 +1000

Ernest Nitka writes:

> My reaction was to my own printing.  In fact i have gone away from using
> mini-labs even  to develop to negatives - way too many scratches.  I'd
> rather pay an extra $1 to have a prolab develop to negatives.  But then
> again the mini lab at the grocery store is run by persons with many body
> piercings so the concept of a scratch here and there may be lost on them (
> now if I' ve offended anyone with many body piercings............then I've
> done my job....... no I mean to say...you know what i mean)
>
> As far as extened exposure times printing TCN I will admit that I printed
> the negs from the Xpan so i was using a  6 x7 neg. mask using 105 lens at
> f/8 onto 11 x 14 sheets of FB Ilford ....... The point being I didn't
> think the times were long but this is not my usual printing protocol.
>
> ernie

G'day Ernie,

You may want to reply off list - a slightly OT question, but I have been
printing my X-Pan images, and wondered if you had any comments on size,
mounting and display. To me, it seems I have to enlarge an X-Pan image far
more than a squarer image to get the same feeling of size

Alastair Firkin @ work ;-)

http://www.afirkin.com
http://www.familyofman2.com