Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:14:57 +0200 (MEST)

> >I've not yet tested this camera
> >with my R lenses, with an adapter, but it could be the best of two
> >worlds, specially the 21-35 Vario Elmar truly better than Canon 16-35 L
>
> I would like someone to SHOW ME (or anyone) the difference in finished
> images, between using the 21-35 Vario Elmar and the Canon 16-35 L, on a EOS
> 1D body. I do not believe that a digital sensor has the ability to collect
> enough of the right kind of image data that signifies or plays-up the
> differences between these two lenses. Truly stunning digital images are not
> the result of a particular lens and sensor, they are the result of in
> camera and out of camera image processing algorithms.

Jim,
I've always wondered ... will digital bring on the end of trademark
adoration? From what I understand, a good Photoshopper can improve on an
image that was made with a good lens, like a Canon lens, to such a degree
that we'll no longer see the difference between it and a lens that is
supposed to be better.

Daniel