Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:33:57 -0400

> > > Once somebody else has one bigger and better (in this example say a 14
> mp
> > > vs. an 11 mp digicam), the need to keep up with the competition
> overrides
> > > rational thought process.
> >
> > Clearly for some, Gary...
> >
> > Austin
>

> So now that we finally agree on something, how about back to an earlier
> point.  I understand the issues with less than full frame digital
> sensor and
> multiplication factors and how this impacts wide angle in particular.  For
> wide angle I use Leica M anyway.  But for telephoto only, how about Canon
> 10D/Novoflex adapter with R lenses like 90mm Elmarit, 180mm APO Telyt and
> 400 Telyt.  Without doing anything except mounting them on the 10D camera,
> they would have effective focal lengths of 117mm, 234mm and 520mm.   Not a
> bad tele set up?
>
> Gary

I don't know, I don't use long teles.  My max tele is a 75 on the M, and an
85 on my Contax/Canon cameras.

BTW, it's odd for you to at all "hack" me, of all people, about brand
loyalty.  I have none, my loyalty is to good cameras, not camera brands...as
I have Contax, Leica, Canon, Hasselblad, Rollei (both TLR and MF SLR),
Plaubel...to start the list.  No, I really have no brand loyalty, but I
simply am able to acknowledge an exceptional camera.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))