Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:09:27 -0400

Hi B.D.,

> You miss a major point here, Gary; the fact that digital continues to
> "improve" does NOT mean that people have to upgrade every 18 months. I'm
> willing to bet that for 99% of pros' needs - certainly for what Tina
> does - a D1s with it's full-frame, 11 mgp sensor  - will meet their
> needs for as long as the camera continues to function.

Agreed, and has been a point I've been waiting for the industry to get to.
What's important is the price point of a 6M+ sensor body that can take
"good" glass...and that's full frame.  The Canon 10D or what ever it is, is
a major step in the right direction, under $2k....but it's not full frame.
I think that camera, full frame, is sufficient for over %90 of all 35mm
work.

Regards,

Austin