Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:50:25 -0400

Gary,

> If Leica can pull this off---introduce a digital back or digital
> camera and
> not change the existing R mount---I say Leica is AHEAD of the curve, at
> least in terms of supporting the initial investment of its user base.

Well, I don't see how you figure.  The sensor is SMALLER than full frame
(1.3x)...and my guess, is in order to use a full frame sensor, just like
EVERY other manufacturer that is using a full frame sensor, Contax, Canon
and NOT Nikon...they had to revamp the lense mount.

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))