Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography?
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 07:31:19 -0400

I just want to raise several points:
1.  The images in question do not correspond to what I think as photography.
     Some of them look interesting though.
2.  It is very difficult to predict what will be viewed in the next century.
There
     are plenty of examples in art history where some work was considered
trash
     at first, only to be recognized later.
3.  Images (or other objects) made to sell a product or service could be of
     high artistic values.  I consider much of the art in the Renaissance
was
     commissioned to sell the service of the Church.
4.  Much of art itself is influenced by the business of art.  Many well
known
     photographers are also masters of self-promotion, with a very keen
business sense.

Time for my morning coffee,

Bye !

- - Phong