Subject: [Leica] Bessa T
From: "Gumm, Jim" <Jim.Gumm@okdhs.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:09:53 -0500

Hello folks, I recently purchased a Bessa T from Photovillage. It arrived
and for a while I enjoyed an inexpensive metered M-body, albeit with no
viewfinder. I purchased a Voigtlander 50mm finder and I use my Noctilux on
it frequently. Its a nice combo and makes the Noctilux really easy to focus.
I also use it with the Voigtlander 15mm and 21mm lenses. Short story long,
the finder shoe became loose, I called Photovillage and Mr. Rich Pinto
(proprietor) said he'd replace the camera, which he did promptly. The shoe
became loose on this second camera even worse than the first! Mr. Pinto said
he'd tried several and sent me the best of the lot. So, to any owners of a
Bessa T, that may have their finder shoe become loose over time, the
solution is simple. The metal cover plate just lifts up at the front, best
accessed at the spring part of the cover under the shoe side rails, then
slides off to reveal the screws that are loose. Maybe a dab of nail polish
to hold -em tight, the job is simple and fast. So, I hope this helps
someone, especially Photovillage as they might not have as many cameras
returned. BTW, Mr. Pinto at Photovillage has a comprehensive selection of
Leica and Voigtlander gear, he's a nice gentleman to do business with and
his prices seem right. He was extremely helpful throughout the entire
'ordeal'. I have zero affiliation with his store. Thanks for the time and
have a great day.
Jim Gumm

Replies: Reply from "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Bessa T)