Subject: Re: [Leica] R5 display keeps flashing
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:32:28 -0500

Try setting the aperture to max and see if it flashes.

Gene

                      "David Strang"
                      <dstrang@chartermi.net>             To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  [Leica] R5 display keeps flashing
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/19/2003 08:43 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

I was hoping someone with R5 experience can answer this question: why do my
P(program)
and T(shutter priority) viewfinder lights flash? My R7 does not do this
with
the same lenses.
The lenses are set to the minimum aperature and T or P set and the mode
light (T or P) flash
continuously. What have I forgotten? I've searched the R5 manual and can
only find mention
of the 16mm and 19mm lens causing this condition.  I have this happen with
the 90 Summilux
and 35 Summicron.

Fortunately, I mainly use the manual and aperature priority modes.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dave Strang