Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: know any good cemeteries?
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:59:31 +0200 (MEST)

Try Old Mt. Nebo Cemetery in Bond County, Illinois. The graves date from
the early 1800's to around the turn of the century. One or two are later
as older family members died.

It is in a grove, a couple (3) old cypress trees towering. There used to
be a wooden church, but some coon-hunters burned it down accidentally when
they started a fire to warm themselves. There was an old piano (half
rotten) in there. It was eerie.

It's surround by trees on three sides, I think, ... at least 2 and there
is a dirt road leading up to it across a field. It used to be very unkept,
but someone watches over it a little now.

Bond county is ... damned if I remember, about 60 miles east of St. Louis
on Interstate 70. The closest town is Greenville.

I have some shots somewhere at home, but I won't be there for over a week.

Daniel