Subject: Re: [Leica] Fresnel lens question (ot)
From: "Michael Chmilar" <chmilar@mminternet.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 23:33:34 -0000

animal <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> said:

> ... "fresnel lens" ... does it go in front of or
> replace the regular matte glass screan?

In general, you would use the fresnel with very wide
angle lenses (ie. 90mm or wider), to reduce the "hot
spot" effect that you see on the ground-glass.

Most people put the fresnel on top of the ground-glass
screen (ie. between the ground-glass and your eye),
but I have heard of some people placing it under the
ground-glass.

Mike

Message from Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com> (Re: [Leica] Voightlander 15mm / results)