Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: True Confession
From: "John O. Newell" <jnewell@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:48:15 -0400

Seth Rosner wrote:

> NO, NO, NO - I was describing exactly what Doug was below, an opaque rigid
> black plastic fitting in the shape of the bottom plate but with a slight lip
> and thumbscrew to go in the tripod socket. Purpose surely to prevent dust,
> dirt and schmutz from fouling the connectors.

Both my R5 and R6 came with exactly that plastic cover.  I
believe it was only for protecting the base plate in the
store, since it was fairly flexible and would probably prove
to be a problem in real life use.  The instruction book
contains no advice about using it for the purposes you're
mentioning (or any other use), IIRC.

John Newell

Message from "Seth Rosner" <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: True Confession)