Subject: RE: [Leica] word on the street - changes to MP already!
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:32:43 -0500

Austin

Yes I agree, but why have it on the camera at all, if you are going to
expose the film at another speed than what it is marked, why not just put
it on the different ASA?  This is not getting back to basics as they claim.

Sorry for pushing the point, but I guess I'm a bit grumpy as I have not
gotten the weekends photos back yet, and the replacement lens release
button for my SL will not get here until tomorrow.  Will go get the photos
after I finish my lunch, should be in a better mood then. ;-)

Gene

                      "Austin Franklin"
                      <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>            To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  RE: [Leica] word on the street - changes to MP already!
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/13/2003 11:53 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Gene,

> After
> all they are
> advertising it as a back to basics, battery independent (except for the
> light meter) camera and now they are putting a control dial with labeling
> for ASA and now for DX coding, and Exposure compensation scales on it
from
> a camera that has electronic functions which are not even in the camera.

All the back will probably do is present a different ASA value to the body.
For example, an ASA of 400 with an exposure compensation of 1 stop would
simply tell the body 200 ASA (or 800, depending on whether it was + or -
compensation).  So, I don't see exposure compensation as being an issue.
DX
is another story!

Austin