Subject: RE: [Leica] word on the street - changes to MP already!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:53:34 -0400

Gene,

> After
> all they are
> advertising it as a back to basics, battery independent (except for the
> light meter) camera and now they are putting a control dial with labeling
> for ASA and now for DX coding, and Exposure compensation scales on it from
> a camera that has electronic functions which are not even in the camera.

All the back will probably do is present a different ASA value to the body.
For example, an ASA of 400 with an exposure compensation of 1 stop would
simply tell the body 200 ASA (or 800, depending on whether it was + or -
compensation).  So, I don't see exposure compensation as being an issue.  DX
is another story!

Austin