Subject: Re: [Leica] word on the street - changes to MP already!
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:40:42 -0500

Well the newer shutter dial as used on the M6TTL is a definite improvement
over the old dial and very useful IMHO, don't like the rewind on the MP,
but could live with it.

Gene

                      Mark Rabiner
                      <mark@rabinergroup.com>             To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] word on the street - changes to MP already!
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/10/2003 10:00 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Jim Shulman wrote:

> Doesn't sound right to me--Leica obviously went to a great deal of
> trouble creating an M2/3-manque camera with modern viewfinder and meter.
> Why would they want to spoil the effect with the wrong shutter speed
> dial--one of the very elements that gives the camera its charm?  If they
> were to do that, I think they'd have a lot of unsold $2600 cameras in
> the warehouse.

Which are the elements which give the MP it's charm and which are the
elements which take away from it's functionality.
Some mileages differ. I happen to like the bigger knob turning the same
direction as the R series and I have serious reservations about the
rewind mechanism. The point though is which features get deemed good and
bad, stays and goes, we hope by it's usefulness. Not cuteness

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com