Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW #18 Reflecrting Pool
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 20:37:09 -0400

This week brings us to the top of a granite monolith.  Stone Mountain is the
most famous in Georgia but a few miles away is another one, Mt. Arabia.  I
have always loved the little pools that form on the top of these
outcroppings.  It was only when I acquired the 21 SA that I could do them
justice.  Why? Because for the most part these things are only a few feet in
diameter and become insignificant with longer lenses.  For that matter, with
a lens that doesn't let you focus very close.  This image was conceived as a
hyperfocal shot with the closest focus at a little over 20 inches.  The
black spec's in the foreground are new tadpoles that are only one or two mm
long.  The shots where the tadpoles were sharp didn't work as well as the
trees go fuzzy.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com