Subject: Re: [Leica] leica-camera.com
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 20:55:00 -0700

> Brian, I am curious, have you received any feedback from Leica Camera?
> Maybe a "Thank You" note?

No. I got a note from their ISP that was written by a person whose ability to communicate in English was limited, so I'm not entirely sure what he was asking. I think he was trying to make sure that I wasn't hijacking the domain. Once I assured him that I was not, he thanked me and went away.

As I said before, I suspect that this entire episode is invisible to Leica Camera. They outsource the whole Internet operation to an ISP, who is supposed to handle these things for them. But they use Network Solutions as their registrar, so there's no telling what craziness will happen.