Subject: [Leica] This week's bird photo
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:13:36 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/rnph00.jpg

The Ring-necked Pheasant is an introduced species, not native to North America, but they have become abundant in the right habitat (such as the pasture behind my yard).  This dude's crowing is his way of proclaiming his property rights.  I'll have more photos of the Pheasants in the weeks to come.

Technical stuff: Leicaflex SL, 560mm f/5.6 Telyt, K25, tripod, blind.  The image shown is about 1/3 of the slide.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Don R." <don.ro@verizon.net> (Re: [Leica] This week's bird photo)