Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 or MP?
From: "" <leica-user@ispwest.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:15:57 -0700

Its a hard comparison.  They are both great instrument, I sold my M7 to get the MP
because I did not want to be dependent on batteries for my camera to work.  A Year ago I
was in the Pit at the WTC covering a story for AP when the camera stopped on me
because the batteries were exhausted.  Now if that was the MP I would have been able to
carry on taking pictures.  As a result, I had to stop, reload fresh batteries meanwhile my
picture was gone.

I enjoyed the M7 when I had it.  I have nothing bad to say about it.  Quiet shutter, a
wonderful advantage in the Aperture Priority mode, ladi, dadi, blah, blah, blah. If you are
trying to decide which one to buy, you might as well save some more money and buy
both:-)