Subject: Re: Some Perspective...was .Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 10:09:45 -0600

  bdcolen wrote:

>Good for you, Gary, I'm glad you're content. And if you ran the list, I
>guess I might consider your advice and unsubscribe. But since you
>don't...
>
>I've been shooting since the early 60's - not that I know what you're
>comment about how long you've been shooting had to do with anything ;-)

And you've been whining, moaning, bellyaching and complaining about
Leica since Lassie was a pup! With brief interludes when even you
realize you've become so offensive and irrelevant that you have to take
a self imposed break from the List!

>- I have shot with M2s, M3s, M4ps and M4-2s, and now M6s and M6TTls-  I
>too used a Contax G1 for a while and though it has terrific glass,
>didn't like the fact that it is basically a P&S with interchangeable
>lenses. I now depend upon my M6s and M6TTLs to earn part of my living.
>They are my TOOLS. I have NO emotional investment in them or in Leica as
>a company.

It's a poor workman who blames his TOOLS.

>I think the glass is terrific, and I like using rangefinders.
>However - I find that the flare problem occasionally costs me images.
>And that is GD inexcusable in a $2000-just-for-the-body camera. It is
>particularly inexcusable to have Leica turn around and finally, after
>what, 20 years, find a fix for the problem that they created - as the
>problem doesn't exist in the M2s and M3s, and charge as much to fix it
>as one might pay for a user M2 or M3 - or for that matter an M4-2 or
>M4p.

A reasonable person would conclude after 20 years of a problem so
"inexcusable" as this that maybe they should dispose of their "problem"
Leica's and join some other List. Just think, you could save yourself
some typing time by digging up all your past rant and rave posts and
substitute "Canon" or "Nikon" or "Pentax" for Leica!

>Does that make me a "malcontent?" No, it makes me a pissed off consumer.

I believe a pissed off consumer would write a letter of complaint to the
manufacturing company (i.e. Leica) and stop using a product that "pisses
them off". I suggest you reread some of your posts to this List and it
will become apparent as to what makes you a "malcontent".

Regards,

Greg