Subject: Re: [Leica] Filter Rant
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:59:05 -0700

At 8:27 PM +0100 5/2/03, Eric C wrote:
>And is especially handy just using a single size Polarising filter. :-)
>
>Eric
>

>On 2/5/03 8:17 pm, "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>  Eric said:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  Why not try Lutz Konermann's latest gadget, at least you would only have to
>>  carry one size of filter ( although it is 77mm ) :-)
>>
>>  See it here     http://www.konermann.net/steps.html
>>
>>  All the Best
>>  Eric
>>
>>  well, it does beat duct tape.
>>
>>  Don
>  > dorysrus@mindspring.com

Since I had various step-up rings already, I made the
ring-with-the-holes for myself for 77mm to 55 and 60mm filters with a
dremel tool a couple of years ago. Quite handy for polarizers as an
additional ring takes up very little space in the camera bag. Only
bad thing is you have no lens shade, as a 77mm shade would leave no
view _except_ that through the little rings. However, this setup
allows me to use a polarizer on all my lenses.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com