Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 13:33:13 -0600

The MP finder will fit in the older cameras. The very latest M7s have
the same mods as the MP as well. I have heard from a good source that
eventually we will be able to fit the improved finder into our M6s,
TTLs and M7s. The two questions are when and how much trade in will
they give us on the old ones.

Completely redesigned is stretching it a little. They have improved
coatings and modified parts of the frameline illumination. Changing the
external windows to M7 (TTL) or MP (M6) type helps a little bit but not
enough to justify the bother in my books. I want the improved MP style
finder as well as the coated windows. Usually finder replacements are
in the $600US range, plus the price of the coated windows, and you are
in the $700 to $800 range. That is a ton-o-money but, if it gets rid of
the flare and stabilizes superimposed image, it is money well spent in
my books.

John Collier