Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:14:26 -0500

John

I don't think it is Leica USA's fault.  When I talked to them they
indicated they had the kits on order as soon as they were announced several
months ago, and they just this past week received them.  I also got the
impression from them, the MP viewfinder parts would not fit either of the
M6 configurations - At least that is what they indicated to me.

Gene

                      John Collier
                      <jbcollier@shaw.ca>                 To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade
                      -alto.ca.us

                      05/02/2003 11:09 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

The upgrade would be more than just the external windows. The internal
parts have been altered as well in the MP. While the M7 widows will
only fit on the TTL, the widows of the MP are the same as the M6
cameras so you can use those. As far as I know Leica has not released
these parts yet. Disappointing that Leica USA is not more on the ball.

John Collier