Subject: RE: [Leica] Darkroom now digital pluses
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:18:45 -0400

U  S U A L L Y, Austin. BTW - I have not had a single clogging or
banding problem with my Epson 1160 since discovering that the way to
avoid such problems is to run a couple of cleaning cycles every
half-dozen or so 8.5 x 11 prints, or every three or so larger prints.
Yes, it "wastes ink," but it's definitely worth the cost.

And, note that I mentioned scanning negs. As you know, I do most of my
work with film, and scan. I have found, however, that my post-shooting
time is greatly reduced when I am working from digitally captured
images. But then I am usually converting them to gray scale, and don't
have to spent time worry about color fidelity and balance. ;-)