Subject: Re: [Leica] How About Some 3rd Party Lenses? RE: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH vs. 35/1.4 ASPH
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 15:57:44 -0400

At 12:17 AM 5/1/03 -0400, TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:
> Jupiter 35/2,8: The all time bargain 35 (if you use non-metered M’s, as
the deeply protruding rear element blocks the meter) and not a bad lens at
all. It is a rather faithful copy of Zeiss 35/2,8 Biogon and if one is
copying something, Zeiss lenses are no slouches. It also has the most
frightening rear element I know. You don’t “slam” this lens into your
M-camera without carefully checking everything beforehand.

Tom

I can meter with my M6 and a 2.8/35 Jupiter-12 and, for that matter, with a
2.8/3.5cm CZJ Biogon T as well.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bs fir gun ghrs fir!