Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:40:08 -0500

Dave

What they are saying is you cannot see the flare from the lens with the M
cameras since you are not looking through the lens.  With a SLR it is easy
to see this.  flare in the M viewfinder is not what will necessarily be
what is seen by the lens.

Gene

                      "Dave Olson"
                      <ckrosebud@hotmail.com>             To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:
                      -alto.ca.us

                      04/28/2003 02:56 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

To: Jerry and everyone else discussing flare.
My 3 cents worth is this. First I shoot with a venerable Nikon FE w/their
venerable 24 f2.8, 35 f2.8PC, a standard 50 f1.8, the exquisite 105 f2.5
and
the 200 f 4.0. If I'm stting up for a shot, where I have at least some
control and I notice flare in the viewfinder, I adjust accordingly, unless
want it in the composition. Now this holds true when shooting with my Canon

EOS 3s and 1N RS with primarily "L" series lenses. My Leicas are no
different, the same rule applies. Normally with the Leicas I shoot as wide
open as the composition allows, including my 75 f1.4 and 35 f2 ASPH. The
same applies when I'm shooting 120 with my Pentax 67s. Oh and the second
rule is always use a lens hood.
           Dave