Subject: [Leica] Shifting Frame Lines in M6TTL
From: Frank Farmer <frankandaubrey@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:35:57 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings all,

I beleive I have stumbled upon yet another problem with my Leica equip. :-(  This is the story . . . my question is whether anyone has had a similar experience or knows what is going on?  So, I'm the proud new owner of a nice, compact Gitzo tripod which accompanied my wife and I to Florida this past weekend.  While the M6TTL was mounted on said tripod I noticed that the frame lines shifted down and to the right or up and to the left (depending on which way I was turning the focus ring)while I was composing and focusing the obligatory "us on the balcony" shot.  Obviously, this shift is less noticable when hand-holding the camera.  This turned out to be quite annoying while composing the tripod mounted shots as it completely changed the composition.  My understanding is that the frame lines are supposed to stay put.  What is going on?  I haven't developed the prints yet but I did do some "tests" to see how the shifting frame lines affected the composition.  Is this a common problem?  Also, I feel that I should mention that I was using the Tri-Elmar.  Could this be a lens problem?  I haven't spoken with Leica yet (though I have left a message).  Just wondering what the vast expanse of MUG-dom and LUG-dom had to say about this issue.  As always, thanks in advance.

Frank

Replies: Reply from "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Shifting Frame Lines in M6TTL)