Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions about consistancy within a project
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 08:33:37 -0400

Adam,
I think that I would drop the middle speed and only carry the 100 and 1600.
My experience is that the tonal curve for APS and Neopan are similar enough
that in smaller enlargements the grain difference will not be too
noticeable.  I have been doing a portrait project as well with Fuji Across.
I find that if I bring a tripod then any light works so perhaps you can
standardize on the slow film if your subjects don't move around a lot.

Before you start, work with your developing times/dilutions to make the
negatives appear as similar as possible.  You might have to adjust working
EI's as well.  Everybody gets different results with films, for example I
only get an EI of about 64 with APS 100 in Xtol but I get a real 1600 with
Neopan.  Go figure.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com