Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tri-elmar flare
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:28:00 -0700

Al

To be really effective, a hood on that lens should be extensible to
three different lengths. Or use three different hoods :-)  A bit much,
I would think.

On zoom lenses we use the longest possible hood that would not
vignette on the shortest focal length.  Of course it is not the best
possible hood for the longest focal length.

Jerry