Subject: Re: [Leica] Musical selections for the darkroom?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:53:48 -0700

Marc Attinasi wrote:

> Dub Syndicate
> Wim Mertens
> Durutti Column
> Ottmar Leibert
> Cabaret Voltaire (later trance stuff)
>
> all over the sound of running water...

I had my knee scanned back a ways and they told me i had to be perfectly
still for a whole hour.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!

He had two radio stations both playing at the same time as I walked in
to see the machine. Dj's and zit cream. A good reason to forgo rock and
roll and go classical even if you hated the stuff.

So i asked him if he could play only one station at a time and could
that be perhaps a "classical" station.

He says the "waves" I forgot which get in the way of the classical
station but he had a CD which lasts the whole our.

"Oh boy!!!!" I thought, said or both.

So I'm in this thing with a towel in case i get cold and he puts on a
Mozart string quartet or octet
and I hear water swishing. Loudly. At least as loud as the music. At least.

Soon i have a clear image of the musicians with their music stands
playing on an island which is about 10 feet in diameter. One tree in the
middle very tall with coconuts way up there. And the time was coming in.
I never got to see the cd.
But it was Mozart for the thirsty.

Mozart with Dramamine.

Mozart for people who hate dry land.

Mozart sinks the Titantic. Etc.

Oh and i kept perfectly still. Diapers dry. Then they billed me for nine
hundred dollars claiming my insurance wouldn't cover it.
I got that fixed though.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com