Subject: Re: [Leica] Passport Warranty periods
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:27:42 -0700

Kit McChesney | acmefoto wrote:

> Speaking of warranties ... Frank had asked about the MP and M7 warranties a
> bit ago, and I'm not sure if anyone answered. Here goes: and if you have any
> comments about warranties, please, let's agree to discuss them in a civil
> manner!):
>
> The warranties on the M7 and MP are different; here's the scoop on each:
>
> 1) In the U.S., the M7 (if imported by Leica USA) includes a standard
> international two-year warranty (this also holds true for any new M6TTL or
> Last M6TTL you may purchase; there are still some new ones on the market).
> If you register your camera with Leica USA for the USA Passport Protection
> Plan (included with the camera but only effective if you register within 30
> days of purchase), <massive snip>

It's been posted before that you don't *have* to register to have Passport
Protection. I think it's possible that such a requirement is contrary to some
states laws.

I believe you do have to be able to show when it was purchased and probably the
dealer.

But, you are more than welcome to cite sources for such a requirment.

Dennis