Subject: Re: [Leica] was late night surfing, now Panavision, ON TOPIC!
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:53:36 -0400

Speaking of Panavision lenses, some are now made by ELCAN.  That's
right the former Leitz factory in Midland Ontario.
http://www.elcan.com/PandSComCINE.htm

Leica sold the factory but I understand they still produce some Leica
lenses there http://www.elcan.com/PandSComPHOTO.htm

Finally some of those high-end cine lenses are being refitted for
high-definition video cameras.
http://www.bandpro.com/hdtools/digiprimes.shtml

So people are still concerned with high end optics!

Mike D