Subject: [Leica] Re: Ideal bag for M6 & 35mm ASPH
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:56:01 -0400

Glad someone asked. I get to tell you about a cool bag I'm using: the Eagle
Creek Protect-It Excursion bag. http://www.eaglecreek.com/40176.html . Well
padded, water resistant nylon, it'll hold an M with 50mm or shorter lenses
sans hood. Wide enough to put a second lens and/or a meter on the other
side of the divider. A quiet zipper opens the main compartment. Velcro and
straps-with-snaps closes the front flap, under which film and stuff can be
stuffed.

The nice, padded shoulder strap has plastic clips and eyelets that squeak a
little, but they haven't worn after a summer and fall of daily use. Stow
that and pull out the waist strap and you have a very comfortable pack. I
use it that way when cycling. To me, a bag like this fits the Leica use
profile: grab it and go, carry everywhere without encumbrance. It looks
plain enough to not attract attention, but good enough to ware with a suit.

$50 at EMS or other outdoorsy joints.

CP