Subject: [Leica] M7 Tripod socket wierdness - Gary and Kit could help
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:15:24 -0400

Gary and Kit-
    Well - I'll get all the MP's and let ya know (SURE!) Seriously, I had to
sell and ' horse-trade' A LOT of stuff to get to the point of having this
stuff! I'm 38 yrs. old now, and my parents bought me my first SLR when I was
15 (A black Nikkormat FTn with a 55 macro!) -- then it turned into a
snowball, then avalanche :-) Pretty soon, every cent I earned went into a
camera (or some pretty girl at the time!), until --- well ---  I became a
LUG NUT!! I freely admit it. But I'm down to 6 M bodies (not THAT bad :-) )
    But for you and Kit - is your M7 a Silver or Black? It's just strange
that ONLY the Silver special order M7's are like this. Kit -- if you have a
silver 0.85 0r 0.58 M7 you might want to try a grip on it, just to see.
    Yes - the 'little hobby' my folks started me on just took off. If they
knew it would lead to this, they probably would have just opened up a bank
account for me with $50.00 in it!
    But -- I'd bet the farm there are more people on this list that have
more than six M bodies hangin' around :-) Now the deal with the wife is I
have to SELL something before I BUY something - unless I need it or can make
$$$$ with it! I suppose that's fair enough - but no more 'collecting' - so
there goes the Luxus, Swedish Crown, Black MP-3 and Leicavit --- If I had
them  :-)
    Thanks folks!
        Ed

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] M7 Tripod socket wierdness - Gary and Kit could help)