Subject: Re: [Leica] Using a 400 Telyt
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:27:26 -0700

on 4/9/03 9:48 PM, Frank Filippone at red735i@earthlink.net wrote:

> I got to see a real live Telyt today, a 400/5.6.  It had a pistol grip.
> What I could not figure out is the arrangement of the hands to use the
> thing...
>
> If I were to hold the pistol grip in my left  hand, and have my right hand
> on the camera release button, how do you focus the knob thingie?  What hand
> do you use?
>
> very confused........

This is the Televit rapid-focus grip.  With your left hand, press the button
on the front of the grip to unlock focus.  For coarse focus, push or pull
the camera body toward/away from the lens head.  Fine focus is with your
left thumb on the knob thingie.  See
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/televit.html

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento