Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V24 #223
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:17:03 -0700

Richard:  The Coolpix has a 28mm thread.  I already had a 39-49mm step-up
ring I use to put my 49mm polarizer on my 39mm Leica lenses.  With what was
available at B&H, I concocted the following stack of adapters:

28-37mm step-up
37-49mm step-up
49-49mm double-threaded macro adapter (49mm thread Zuiko lenses attach here).
39-49mm step-up
39mm Leica Summicron-M lens, reversed

For my initial tests with both the Coolpix and Olympus C3030, I simply
stood the digicam and lenses on piles of business cards or post-it notes at
the proper height, moved 'em as close together as I could get, and played
with settings.  Generally, you put the digicam at maximum telephoto and
mimimum aperture, and focus on infinity or near it (*not* macro setting,
that's for the digicam lens alone).

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA