Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 14 dlridings
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 08:56:34 +0200

Hi Martin,
They are scanned directly from the negatives. I think with a little more
experience and playing around with curves they could be better. I didn't
include some of the available light stuff (indoors) in the PAW, but it
looks pretty nice. I'll scan in a window lighting shot and put it up under
a temp area.

I think you might be right, the new Tri-X might be easier to scan. I
haven't tried printing yet, but will be doing that this evening.

I used a yellow and orange filter (not at the same time, of course).

I've got my daughter doing more testing now (unknowingly). She wants to
take b&w so she's running around with an F3 (off topic), a 50 and unlimited
supply of the new Tri-X. Just to stay on topic, I saw a beat-up Leicaflex
SL with a 50 Summicron for 150 USD. I was in a hurry and didn't get a
chance to ascertain whether or not it had been dredged up from the fjord or
if it really worked.

Anyway, she'll be giving Tri-X 400TX a try. But I'm pretty sure that all
Tri-X users can feel secure. I wouldn't go stock up on a batch of the older
emulsion unless I was smack dab in the middle of a project.

Thanks for looking! Daniel