Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternate to current 35mm ASPH?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:29:15 -0800

At 12:13 PM 4/6/2003 +0800, D Khong wrote:
Mark Rabiner wrote:

>>If you are doing available light shooting and you are going with the 50
>>Summicron over the 35 Asph Summilux you'd be in a small minority Mr.
>>Fickle!. May we ask what you are shooting?  You in effect gain TWO f
>>stops with the 35 Asph Summilux. One on the F stop scale and one on the
>>shutter speed scale. Available light shooters would sure appreciate that
>>kind of stuff most of the times!
>
>Now I am itching to ask,
>How do you arrive at the gain in two stops?
>,,,

Fuzzy math :-) My guess is that w/ the 35, you can also go slower speed WRT
camera shake. So you get another stop. Also the DOF is greater at the same
subject distance AND with the great Leica glass, you can blow up and crop.
Yessir, the 35/1.4 ASPH is the magic lens of all time....

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>