Subject: Re: [Leica] Performance of 180/2.8 Tele-Elmarit-V
From: "SML" <leirex@access4less.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 02:57:06 -0800

  I am wondering if anyone is interested in trading his/her 180/2.8 APO or
280/4 APO for my 180/2.8 Tele-Elmarit-V as Henning suggested.
  While thinking of this lens, I got curious about the name.  Does anyone
know why this lens is called Tele-Elmarit while the other 180mm lenses are
called just Elmarit?  The same is true for the 90 Tele-Elmarit/Elmarit and
135/4 Tele-Elmar/Elmar.  Is optical design speaks for the different name
designation?

Regards,
David Lee