Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:07:04 -0800

BD.. the reference to Jerry was the issue of manipulation, and an example of
what can be done with wet a chemical darkroom.  Nothing specifically to do
with the issue at hand.

The issue of my argument is that I do believe that journalists are biased.
Photojournalists are biased.  Media is biased.

Standards?   I think the bias of the media is a very important issue.  Pure
ethics, of which I believe you do believe in, is just a figment of the
imagination of the actual workings of the media but the media porport it as
all important.  The "story" is all important.

Should pure ethics be the norm?  yes, but it does not and will not.  Media's
accepted job is to convey a statement or idea.  They do it through biased
reporting.  The guy in question conveyed a statement.   Ethically, I see no
problem in what he did, other than to break the papers' rules.

Fired?  yes, I agreed.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I'm beginning to think that the reason you either don't get this, or
want to argue about it, is that you are so convinced that all media, and
all journalists, are such lying scum that you are unable to process the
idea that there are standards, and that people get fired for violating
them. And if that's the case, this discussion is pointless. ;-)

B. D.