Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:49:30 -0800

So there are 2 standards... one for word journalists, another for Photo
journalists.  Who work for the same paper, submit work for the same article,
etc..... and a third for the advertisers, who do not have to obey any rules
of truth.

Captured is hardly the issue... it is an issue of telling a story through
words or photogrpahs.  That is what a paper does.  What story do you want to
tell ( sell?) ?  How best to convey that story?  What tools are at your
disposal?  Does the method of capture really make a difference?

Certainly I am no expert ethicist, photojouornalist, nor journalist, nor do
I teach any of those in a profeesional role.  I am a rather simple person
who distrusts  most to all  media just because of the issue of slanted
reporting.  I believe in a single standard, including the advertisers.
Either you tell the whole truth, everywhere in your paper, or you do not.

Yes, I am a LA Times subscriber.   and yes, they are biased..... and yes
they do tell their slanted part of a story.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] fired for photoshopping)