Subject: Re: [Leica] Vaca Spam-O-ramma - Round 2 Duck & Rare
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:07:23 -0600

on 4/2/03 12:22 PM, Jerry Lehrer at jerryleh@pacbell.net wrote:

> John
>
> Breast of duck is supposed to be cooked rare.  I guess that you
> mid-westerners would order filet mignon well done also.

> Next time, order "Duck Cooked Two Ways"  in which the breast
> is roasted rare and the rest of the duck is cooked your style.

I'm hardly a well done lover. If the meat is good I do want rare but when
you cant cut the meat with the knife they give you there's a problem. So I
had some nice chewy raw duck chunks. It's not like duck is ostrich and NEEDS
to be cooked rare or it will be tough as a 2x4. Rare should be left to the
meat that eats well prepared that way, period.

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com