Subject: [Leica] x-tol replacement: Rodinal
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 06:52:28 -0800

Mark wrote:
<snip>
I started out with all my pals in the 70's going 1:100 and you get a
glow in the highlights which is really nice.
<snip>
Some years ago I attended a workshop led by Huntington Witherill, one of the
well known West Coast landscape photographers. Among other things he
described his choice of large format film (Agfapan 25 rated at ISO 10) and
developer (Rodinal diluted 1:100). He liked to work with very contrasty
images and his prints were absolutely stunning, partly because of their long
scale.
Oliver Bryk
PS for more about HW see
http://www.johnpaulcaponigro.com/dialogs/dialogs_n-z/huntington_witherill.ht