Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Sighting
From: Patrick Jelliffe <pbjbike@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:13:51 -0800 (PST)

Jerry,

There was a picture of him in the Friday NYTimes, in
the field in Afghanistan, during the war last year. I
tried to find the picture online, to no avail.  There
was about 18lbs of digital gear were around his neck,
and, a chrome Leica with a 35 'cron, (just guessing).
Not just a fashion statement. Did you see, he and his
colleague from Newsday and the two other missing
journalists are alive, and just satellite phoned home?
 I'll bet it was his lucky M that brought him through.

Patrick