Subject: [Leica] oddmund and the loss of leica photo op's
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:52:21 -0500

oddmund trolled:

>I had planned a trip to Lebanon (revisited) with my Leicas next summer.
>Now these bastards some of you got into power, spoil these plans. And

to which i will add that i was supposed to be in syria all of this month
doing a story on archaeologists and locals at Tell Sweyhat which ain't gonna
happen and might not happen now for years. one of the side effects of this
war may be that photographers from the united states may for some time lose
opportunities and revenue for overseas assignments. excavations in syria, so
close to the iraqi border may not open up again for years leaving me to have
to find some other source of revenue to buy my M7 with. however, it may open
up other opportunities. maybe the red cross should hire me to spend the
month in basra..... hello, anybody out there from the red cross? have leica,
will travel! baby needs a new m7!

more on archaeology & war here:
http://www.afropop.org/community/soapbox/ID/30

kc