Subject: Re: [Leica] 80-200 question
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:42:00 -0800

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 10:34  PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Marc Attinasi wrote:
>>
>> I just received a new 80-200 f4 today - my first brand new leica lens.
>> I noticed while testing it out that the focus moves beyond infinity.
>> Is
>> this normal? I have never had another Leica lens that did this, it
>> seems incorrect.
>
> Marc it's for those times when… infinity seems, well, TOO CLOSE!!

I knew 'That Leica Value(tm)' would come into play for me!  You see,
I'm just too small minded to think about needing to shoot beyond
infinity - heck, I don't even know what that means. Fortunately my
camera and lens maker is thinking it through for me. Now, when that
'just-past-infinity' photo op presents itself, I'll be ready despite my
own limits of conceptualization. I can _really_ appreciate 'That Leica
Value(tm)' :-D  <aaaaaahhh>

sarcastically yours,
- - marc