Subject: Re: [Leica] Repair technique
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:29:10 -0800

Austin

I mat know nowt about the Canon or Asahi Pentax "Yellow"
lenses, but I know lots about the Kodak Lanthanum-Thorium
lenses.  They started out fairly water clear, but over the long
years, they turned color. Amber is the closest color I can think
of.  Like a very watered down Scotch,

The color shift is well within the color correction capabilities
of Kodak or Fuji processing machines.  Whites remain pure
white, which is my criterion.  Color transparencies may be
a different story, though CC filters should be able to take
care of the shift.

If the destroyed lens was otherwise OK, I consider it a
stupid waste.  Your sense of values may differ.

Jerry