Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: curious question about media coverage
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:55:47 -0500

At 09:40 PM 3/26/03 +0000, Gerry Walden wrote:
>Could I just remind you that we 'idiots' had been fighting the Germans
>for about 3 years before you came and joined us, and history shows that
>the US actually closed its doors to the Jews prior to the war.

To keep this fair, the US only entered the War in Europe after Hitler first
declared war on us.  Had he not done so, I doubt if the US public would
have supported war against the Nazis, as the US public was EXCEEDINGLY hot
to fight the Japanese.

And the only Jews denied entry into the US prior to the outbreak of war
were those who had already been denied entry into the UK and France and
Canada.

Marc

msmall@infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!